After a lot of re-designing, re-architecting, re-writing, re-re-writing we have come with an alpha of the all new BAM 2. Although, this is still an alpha, it will provide a good taste of things to come in the major BAM release.
Here’s the (not so) official release note:
- KPI Definition – Sample to simulate receiving events from a server (ex: WSO2 AS), perform summarizations and visualize product and consumer data in a retail store
- Fault Detection & Alerting – Sample to simulate receiving events from a server (ex: WSO2 ESB), detect faults and fire email alerts
- A re-usable Agent API to publish events to the BAM server from any application (samples included)
- Apache Thrift based Agents to publish data at extremely high throughput rates
- Option to use Binary or HTTP protocols
- Apache Cassandra based scalable data architecture for high throughput of writes and reads
- Carbon based security mechanism on top of Cassandra
- An Analyzer Framework with the capability of writing and plugging in any custom analysis tasks
- Built in Analyzers for common operations such as get, put aggregate, alert, fault detection, etc.
- Scheduling capability of analysis tasks
- Drag and drop gadget IDE to visualize analyzed data with zero code
- Capability to plug in additional UI elements and Data sources to Gadget IDE
- Google gadgets based dashboard